Nebraska License Plates
Nebraska residents are provided with many choices for their Nebraska license plates by the State of Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles. The new standard design for 2011 Nebraska license plates is a yellow and green design depicting the western meadowlark bird and goldenrod.
Specialty Nebraska License Plates
In addition to standard plates, you can also order many other styles. For example, you can order different specialty plates such as the following:
• Message and Husker Spirit license plates are students, fans, and alumni support the athletic program at the University of Nebraska. These plates have different fees depending on the options that range between $40 and $70.
• Ham radio enthusiasts can choose Amateur Radio plates for their motor vehicles. These Nebraska license plates cost $5 in addition to other applicable registration taxes and fees.
• Different groups or organizations can make organizational license plates. These have a $70 fee to use.
• Gold Star Family license plates can be purchased by families of individuals who have died in good standing during active duty in the military service. Message plates cost $40 while numeric plates cost $5.
• Military veterans can choose from Ex-Prisoner of War, Purple Heart, Pearl Harbor Survivor, or Disabled American Veteran Nebraska license plates. These cost $5 for each one on top of standard registration taxes and fees.
Message Nebraska License Plates
You can also purchase message plates for cars, trucks, and motorcycles that contain seven characters (6 for motorcycles). In these Nebraska license plates, only letters and numbers are accepted. You cannot use punctuation. To see if the specific message you want is available to use, you can use the Specialty Plate Search on the DMV's website.
- Missouri Driving Test Questions
- Lemon Law by State
- New Jersey License Plates
- Alabama Traffic Laws
- Idaho Driving Test Questions
- Leasing vs. Buying a Car
- Arizona Permit Practice Test
- Tennessee Parking Laws
- Delaware Vehicle Registration
- New Mexico Permit Practice Test